Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thank goodness for Teammates.

Step 1: apply and get accepted to the Dana Farber Marathon challenge. CHECK.
Step 2: celebrate getting accepted. CHECK CHECK.
Step 3: recover from celebration and begin hydrating/training
Step 4: Train, Eat, Sleep, Eat, ask people for money. 
Step 5: Repeat Step 4 until April 18th. 

In addition to my "to do" list above, I've really enjoyed forming friendships with the DFMC team. Now more than ever, I clearly understand how important a running buddy is. Already, I've been given various forms of NSAID's, rides to and from group runs, advice on everything going on in my life, stretching techniques, beer, food, offers to get set up on blind dates - you name it, we've talked about it on a run.

Last weekend, a teammate and I decided to go off track a bit with our group run. We eventually made it back to the running center that we all met at, but it was quite an adventure (not that 15 miles of running really needs to be more of an adventure...) 



No comments:

Post a Comment